There comes a time when you need to count your pennies and you may not be able to afford that $60 jar of night cream this time around. As competitive as the market is, there is bound to be something that can work for you that will be pocket friendly! So many products out there mimic each other, have the same ingredients and have the same features/benefits. But we lean towards the brand names and the higher price tags thinking that they are providing us the best and highest quality out there. Sometimes this isn’t so true and we can easily get away with a lower price point item that will do exactly what we need. I’m not saying this is true for all cases but more times than not, this is true. Don’t go out there and start buying all drug store items and tossing away your high end beauty supplies. Do some research before you head out to the store and see what you may be able to save on and what items you should splurge for. This month I got around to comparing 5 different types of products. Some I have and love. Some were new to me. And some, I was convinced to invest in.
1. Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in “Happy Birthday” vs Ulta Nail Lacquer in “Pinata-yada” – This one is a no brainer. Just by looking at the colors you can see how identical they are. Save your pennies on this one and go for the $6 Ulta purchase.
2. Lancôme Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover vs Sephora Instant Eye Makeup Remover – I’ll admit I am that person that fully believed all eye makeup removers were the same. Until I tried the Lancôme Bi-Facil. Sephora’s version has a hard time removing waterproof makeup and with the Lancôme it came off in one pass. I will be splurging on this one.
3. Diorshow Mascara vs L’Oreal Original Voluminous Mascara – I hate to say this but the L’Oreal proved to be just as good as the Diorshow. That breaks my little makeup heart but it’s true. The wand is practically identical and I didn’t notice a difference in the formula. Save and go with this money saving steal.
4. Clarisonic Cleansing Device vs Olay ProX Cleansing Device – We all know I love my Clarisonic and I have raved about it since the beginning of the year. But there is no comparison. Olay’s ProX line gets a lot of great reviews and so does their cleansing system. But when used side by side, it can’t even top the Clarisonic. Save up for this splurge and thank me later.
5. Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleansing Cloths vs Simple Skincare Cleansing Facial Wipes – Another one of those that breaks my heart because we know how much I adore the Philosophy brand and skincare system. But I found the Simple wipes to be just as effective and happier on my wallet.
– Jamie of The Lady and The Beard