The warm weather strikes again! Your once flaky, dry skin has morphed into a non-stop oily mess that just won’t quit. Makeup doesn’t stay. Your regular skincare routine seems to make it worse. You’re about to give up because damned if you do and damned if you don’t at this point. What most people don’t realize is that with the change in weather not only do we switch out our clothes, but we need to switch our out beauty products too! Think of it this way…would you wear a wool sweater in the middle of August? Just like you don’t want to wear a heavy face cream on your skin in the middle of August. It’s time to switch it up and invest in a summer skin solution all your own. Mix and match from the 5 types below to see which of these five oily summer skin solutions will work for you.
– Oil Control Primers – If you’re a “must wear foundation no matter the season” type of lady (like myself) then think of investing in an oil control/shine control primer. This base, which applied after your moisturizer, is great to mattify the surface of your skin AND keep the shine/oil from surfacing throughout the day. Try: Laura Mercier Oil Control Foundation Primer :: BareMinerals Prime Time :: Cargo Activating Face Primer
– pH Balanced – Sometimes it’s just so simple to use a toner or facial tonic to balance out your skin. This is also a great product to have on hand to refresh and clean your skin throughout the day. If you’re running from the beach to a late night dinner, wipe your skin down for a fresh feel before applying foundation. Try: Kiehl’s Oil Control Shine Spray:: bliss Mattifying Toner Pads :: boscia Clear Complexion Tonic
– Blotting Papers – The oily skin girls guide to a matte complexion. These are easy to keep on hand, or in your purse for on-the-go use. A simple blot throughout the day to eliminate excess oil without ruining your foundation application. Try: Sephora Blotting Papers :: NYX Blotting Papers :: Shiseido Pureness Oil Control Blotting Papers
– Lightweight Moisturizer – The biggest culprit to summer oily skin is all in your moisturizer. I suffer from the typical winter dry skin and in the summer my skin completely switches up. I bust out a lighter-weight, oil-free moisturizer for my daily use and notice a difference immediately. Try: Benefit Triple Emulsion :: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion :: simple Skincare Ultra Light Moisturizing Gel
– Oil-Free Foundation – If you’re like me and you can’t escape the use of foundation, then pick up an oil-free option. Most brands make an oil-free option in different coverage types. You can still get a full coverage look with an oil-free product, and still maintain your flawless complexion. Try: Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation :: BareMinerals Foundation :: Clinique Stay Matte Foundation
-Jamie of The Lady and The Beard