It’s here! Halloween is here! We kick off my annual 31 Things for Halloween with the Halloween Playlist on Spotify that we’ve been putting together each day over the last month. So I encourage all you readers out there to hit ‘play’ on track uno and get your Halloween groove on!
It’s been a surprisingly long month writing about Halloween every day and basically putting it on a freaking pedestal. I LOVE Halloween. I love love love it. But mentally I went overboard and I wish I had done more Halloween things. Too much time thinking, not enough doing. I don’t know what exactly, maybe I should have gotten lost in a corn maze or something. I want to savor this moment for as long as possible before Christmas themed everything takes over the world and douses us in garland and peppermint everyday for almost 2 months. I’m debating whether it’s better to put up my holiday gift guides before Black Friday or after so people don’t get worn out by holiday cheer before Thanksgiving. But anyway it’s Halloween! Finally. Today we get to act as weird or wacky and dress up any way we like. So hit play on track number 1 and lets cruises through 2014’s 31 Things for Halloween!
One sick Halloween playlist
1. 31 Days of Halloween Playlist
Six super cute pieces from my Spooky Style – Black and White Edition post – In case you didn’t see them the first time.
3. Jeffrey Campbell All Bat and More Heel from ModCloth – Aren’t these pumps freaking adorable? They make me think of all my previous Halloween costumes where they would have been the perfect complementary piece. I need a time machine.
4. ModCloth I Can Digit! Tee – This tee is hilarious and would be a perfect lounging around the house tee. It kinda reminds me of what I do when it’s that time of month and everything hurts. Just hold me skeleton man.
5. ASOS Full Midi Tulle Skirt – Why don’t people wear more tulle skirts? They’re so much fun and would make a very cute and ballsy date night skirt choice. While I would go for black it also comes in teal and red.
6. ASOS Halloween Bat Tights – Go full on batty with these bat tights. I love that they’re just subtly Halloweeny and could accompany any outfit to make it instantly festive.
7. Free People Wednesday Bib Dress – If Wednesday Addams is your style crush then this dress is right up your alley. Gotta love the French girl vibe as well.
Six cocktail ideas that are perfect for a Halloween night from my Pinterest Picks – Six Fall Cocktails to Try This Season post – Especially if you’re having a cozy night in.
Five Halloween inspired makeup tutorials
Two leftover candy recipes – The easiest way to get rid of Halloween candy is to bring it to work.
Five not so scary Halloweenish movies – My first 31 Days of Halloween had a list similar to this where I listed the usual suspects: Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, etc. So I had to think of five more family friendly movies that are more fun than scary. Actually none of these are really “scary” they’re just odd.
21. Ghostbusters (1984)
22. Gremlins (1984)
23. Goonies (1985)
25. Coraline (2009)
Five seriously scary movies – aka movies I’d be ok with never seeing again because they scare the crap out of me. For some of you these might seem wussy but man oh man I do not like scary movies. I can appreciate the horror genre and find it fascinating but I don’t enjoy hiding under my covers at night after watching a horror flick.
26. Jeepers Creepers (2001)
27. The Ring (2002)
28. High Tension (2003)
29. Saw (2004)
30. The Descent (2005)
One seriously silly Halloween themed pun
31. Skeleton jokes – If you like this one, click the link for ever more silliness. :)