I’m back again with our monthly round up of all things beauty! As the weeks fly by I get more and more excited because the weather is incredible and all things beauty are just around the corner. Everything in The Edit this month is crave worthy. I’ve literally covered EVERYTHING this month so there’s something in here for everyone. We’ve got skincare reads, hot new makeup trends, fragrances, makeup must haves and coffee table book reads for any beauty obsessed person in your life. You may even find a few Mother’s Day gift ideas in this post too **wink wink**
- How many times have you had a breakout and you have no clue as to why? I’m raising my hand because I feel like this is my life. Anytime a breakout spouts I’m wondering what I did wrong. Have no fear this handy guide from Birchbox is here. Now when that lovely spot appears, consult this guide to know what caused it and what to avoid, if possible.
- It’s a fact that you MUST clean your makeup brushes on the reg. If you’re like me you’re slacking in this department right now and this article will hopefully give you the inspiration to spend your Friday night hunched over the sink cleaning all your tools. Take a tip from the pros and get to cleaning. My personal favorite is the MAC Brush Cleaner…and now I have to clean my brushes.
- When teal eyeliner starts emerging you know it’s Spring time. Take it from these hollywood beauties, the teal eyeliner trend is quite versatile. Recreate the look with the Vincent Longo Gel Eyeliner or Estee Lauder ‘Double-Wear’ Eye Pencil. Line the top, line the bottom or go crazy and line both.
- The Kardashians are known for their beauty. So why not get to know their go-to hairstylist Jen Atkin. She has created some of their iconic looks but also does hair for the celebs such as J.Lo, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Jessica Biel, and Jessica Alba. She even runs the hair blog Mane Addicts which is one of my daily reads.
- As the weather heats up I pull out my primers. Right now I’m using the Beneft POREfessional face primer. I’ve featured this primer on the blog before in my 2014 Must Haves post, and it’s still one that I love. There’s something about the texture that makes my face feel smooth and it gives me the all day staying power I want out of a primer.
- French women are iconic for their effortless beauty and style. Mathilde Thomas, cofounder of Caudalie, shares her family secrets to perfect skin without the use of harsh products or procedures in The French Beauty Solution. I’m turning 33 in a week so this book is something that is on my radar, and wishlist.
- I’m trying to become more of a fragrance wearer. I stumbled upon this Custom Fragrance Blending Kit at Sephora. The kit comes with “recipes” for creating fragrances inspired by the creators or you can feel free to mix your own. Customize your perfect scent depending on your mood and the season.
- This is by far the wackiest thing ever on this blog. Foot peeling products are huge in Asia and are making their way to the US. Maybe I’m late on the trend train but I was just recently introduced to the Smile Foot. We are going on vacation in June and we need to get our feet beach ready. You let your feet soak for 1-1/2 hours and then your feet will peel away all the crud and gross skin for about a week. Stay tuned for details to see how it turns out, and no I don’t plan on posting pictures. This process looks disgusting yet it’s intriguing at the same time. Google at your own risk!
– Jamie of Hello There, Lady!