Here we are rounding out another month of 2015. As soon as Halloween is over the stores will be filled with Christmas trees, gift wrap, and presents galore! I’m sure next month I’ll be counting down the days until Christmas and the new year. Until then, let’s live in these fall moments, enjoy the weather we have, and round up the best from October for The Edit.
This month’s edition is very beauty/makeup heavy. The most Universally Flattering makeup look EVER, a last minute Sugar Skull Halloween tutorial, and German makeup brushes that will keep your collection chic and pretty. There just wasn’t a lot in terms of skin and body care this month. Everyone is prepping for Halloween and the Must Haves for Fall. Next month be prepared to see more cold weather products and skin saving tips as the cold chills rush in. For now, let’s enjoy the last few days of October with the items below.
- We’ve been down the road of brows, shaping brows and picking the right brow shape for your face. But the one thing I never touched on is how to avoid over tweezing. It’s a simple process and the giftorial on Into The Gloss will give you easy step by step instructions. Just make sure to have tweezers and a brow spooly on hand.
- I’m surprised that I haven’t mentioned Lisa Eldridge on this beauty feature more. If you’re into beauty videos and tutorials, her channel is a must watch. First off her voice is soothing so you can zone out and watch magic be created. But secondly and most importantly her videos are super informative. My favorite that is circulating right now is the Universally Chic Makeup Look. Who doesn’t want a look that can be created on thousands of face shapes and skin types and colors?! But be warned…she tags the list of products used, and alternates, in each of her videos and this one is 22 products long! She uses the Charlotte Tilbury “Pillow Talk” lip pencil color quite often so I may be splurging on this one soon to create the lip look.
- The one thing we don’t discuss enough is the topic of Nails. I play it safe and boring when it comes to my own nails so venturing into new colors and products that take it to the extreme is beyond my nail comfort zone. When reading this post from Who What Wear I was intrigued. 70’s inspired outfits paired with the new Essie 2015 Fall Color Collection. The 70’s are big right now in fashion and beauty so why not check them out? I’ll be trying Leggy Legend and Frock ‘n Roll within the coming weeks. Plus you can’t deny the fun 70’s inspired names!
- NARS has released a Limited Edition lip collection. The NARS x Steven Klein An Abnormal Femme contains 3 velvet matte lip pencils to make it the perfect gift for any lip lover. Hey…it’s not too early to be thinking about the holiday’s. Plus it’s a Limited kit and this one is bound to sell out.
- I found out about Zoeva brushes from Lisa Eldridge and Zoella The German brand has a full collection of product and tools all of which have cute packaging. The Rose Gold Set is the perfect, feminine brush collection. You get 8 basic brushes to help complete your makeup from face to eyes. And the equally cute rose gold pouch could double as a clutch if you’re in a pinch. There are a handful of other Rose Gold options to round out the set!
- Halloween is just a few days away and if you’re stuck for what to do (and if my last minute costume ideas didn’t help you out) then default on the ever popular Sugar Skull. You’re probably thinking I’m crazy because this is one intense makeup look. I found a guide on Brit + Co that makes the step by step process so easy! 27 steps to creating the easiest Sugar Skull you ever did see/try.
– Jamie of Hello There, Lady!