Style and Cheek is all about inspiration. Whether it’s showing you how to style a trend or sharing a new recipe, our goal is to inspire you with creative, beautiful, and informed content. Our topics range from fashion, lifestyle, beauty, home decor, and pop culture. We’re serious about our motto, “the pursuit of all things pretty,” because nothing makes us happier than new sights, smells, and tastes, but we will always color our work with a hint of cheekiness. Because what does the pursuit of all things pretty really mean if not the pursuit of laughter, pleasure, and happiness?
Julia – Founder and Creative Director
From a young age Julia was drawn to the finer things like pickles, parties, and trips to Hawaii, but it was fashion that really brought out her creative side. After a long while where Julia focused her energies on creative writing, she recommitted to her first love when she founded Style and Cheek in 2011. But don’t let her super serious persona fool you. Julia is a total goofball, who is happiest laughing at random weirdness or looking at food blogs. When Julia isn’t imagining her next meal or dreaming about fashion she’s thinking about traveling, weddings, and puppies.
- Favorite Dish: Eggplant parmesan
- Guilty Pleasure: Astrology (She loves knowing everyone’s sign)
- Astrological sign: Aquarius-Pisces cusp
- Drink of choice: Champagne, Hard Cider
- Biggest pet peeve: Listening to people chew
- Celebrity style crush(s): Olivia Palermo, Blake Lively, Giovanna Battaglia
- Favorite style decade: 1920s – Glitz and glamour, art deco jewelry, intricate dresses
- Dream vacation: Wine tasting in Napa Valley
Dan – Editor and Contributor
Dan grew up in prepster New Jersey before making his way out to Seattle in 2008. He’s happiest stuffing his face, cooking, running around like a maniac on the basketball court, or relaxing with a good book or movie. His idols (if he had any!) would be Cormac McCarthy and the cast of Jackass.
- Favorite Dish: Bolognese
- Guilty Pleasure: Chocolate
- Astrological sign: Libra
- Drink of choice: Whiskey/Beer/Syrah – Dan’s picky but not that picky
- Biggest pet peeve: People who suck at parking
- Celebrity style crush(s): Paul Newman, Joseph Gordon Levitt
- Favorite style decade: 1950s – Good hair, classy suits, no-fuss casual wear
- Dream vacation: Eating across Mediterranean Europe
Jamie – Beauty Contributor for Beauty Basics
Jamie is the creative brain behind Hello There, Lady, a blog which started on a whim. As a recent momma she is still trying to figure out how to have it all and still have time for blogging. You can find her here each Wednesday contributing to Beauty Basics and providing all the insight you need on everything beauty related.
- Favorite Dish: Pasta, pasta, and more pasta!
- Guilty Pleasure: Reality TV
- Astrological sign: Taurus
- Drink of choice: Champagne or Vodka – depends on her mood
- Biggest pet peeve: Obliviousness
- Celebrity style crush: Jessica Alba
- Favorite style decade: 1960’s – bell bottoms, mini skirts, rise of the hippie and big hair
- Dream vacation: Traveling along the Amalfi Coast