This past weekend I spent a lot of my time walking around the apartment wrapped in a blanket. The sickness got me! Dan and I have been fighting colds but it finally attacked me full force yesterday. I sound like Kermit. This morning, Dan asked me if the dishes were clean and I said “No” in a demonic deep tone which switched to a squeaky mouse voice. Dan finds this hilarious but I just want to pull my hoodie over my head and go back to bed.
I used to get sick all the time. My immune system was so awful that I was really sick every few months. Until one winter when I had been sick for three months with a sinus infection and bronchitis my lovely doctor gave me a lecture about changing my lifestyle. I really wanted to stop getting sick all the time. It’s been a few years and I haven’t been back to see her. This is what she suggested:
– Drink a lot of water (It doesn’t matter how tiny your bladder is, DRINK UP)
– Find time for exercise (I’ve gotten a lot better at this! Honestly)
– Gargle with salt water (Ok, I suck at remembering to do this)
– Get more sleep (I live for sleep)
Say you do get sick, you can’t avoid it forever I guess, and you end up wrapped in a blanket sounding like Kermit – put on a lot of cozy layers – sweatshirt, pj pants, warm socks – and drink a lot of fluids and rest. I hate drinking water when I am sick but I force myself, with water in one hand and tea in the other. Bundle up and get some rest!
3. Anonymous Ism Fair Isle Socks
4. Minnetonka Kilty Suede Moccasins
6. Flannel Sleep Pant in Polka Dot
8. Flannel Sleep Pant in Plaid
10. Woolrich Square Embroidered Pillow