The Makeup Lady’s Must Haves
Every woman has a list of must-have products. From the “I barely use makeup” to the “full on stage makeup” there are products you just can’t leave home without. My makeup routine varies each and every day depending on what is going on but these 10 products are the core to my routine. If these products are missing you can be sure that I will have a mini meltdown with The Beard coming to my rescue. They may change or vary depending on the season, but the type of products will never change.
1. MAC #286 Blending Brush – The best brush HANDS DOWN that I have ever owned. It’s like blending little clouds all over your eyes.
2. Lancôme HypnôSe Drama Mascara – I was introduced to this mascara from my friend Gabrielle. Mascara is always #1, never leave home without, but the HypnôSe Drama makes my lashes look full and fake, just the way I like them.
4. BareMinerals Mineral Veil – from my stint at Bare Escentuals I learned mineral veil would be the key to making everything flawless. I mean, who doesn’t want that flawless, airbrushed look?
5. Urban Decay NAKED Palette – every look I create, every day of the week can come from this palette. Smokey eyes, natural eyes to Kardashian bombshell eyes, this kit can do it all.
6. E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Kit – Brows are a post for a different day but I love the combination in this kit. I can get super glam brows and then I can make them look very natural with a hint of color.
7. NARS Orgasm/Laguna Duo – We all heard of the NARS Orgasm blush craze a few years ago. I think LiLo was the first person wearing it at the time. But don’t be fooled from her appearance – this blush is AH-MAH-ZING on all skin tones. Literally, perfection to your cheeks. Plus the duo with the bronzer keeps me from having another product in my case.
8. Urban Decay Primer Potion – I first tried this when I purchased my NAKED palette as it was a gift with purchase. I’m hooked. Even if it’s not Primer Potion, eye primer is essential to every eye look I create.
9. Maybelline BB Cream – Okay, Okay…I use drug store products from time to time. So what?! It’s not a bad thing in this case. BB Cream is the latest “IT” thing for makeup. Instead of a heavy foundation, which I generally hate, the BB cream evens out my skin without weighing it down and drying me out.
10. BareEscentuals Kabuki Brush – Remember how I said the MAC #286 Blending Brush was like clouds on your eyes? Well the Kabuki Brush is like buffing air all over your face. The best brush for blending and applying mineral foundation, hands down.
What products are on YOUR must have list? Share your products below!
And as always, if you have a question, comment or would love to see me talk about something, send your idea to the comments section below or shoot us an email.
– Jamie from The Lady and The Beard