I have a new trend on The Lady and The Beard today. I hope you’re enjoying our posts and feel free to let us know if there’s something you want us to cover in beauty or fashion.
February on ‘How She’d Wear It’ is all about equestrian style, which is one of my favorites. From brown leather, buckles, buttoned blazers and jodhpurs, you can add a little or a lot of equestrian details to any outfit. This version is a mix of Mad Men’s Betty Draper and modern every-girl. Betty Draper would look quite like the equestrian princess in her riding boots and a cape style coat. But if you want something edgier, there are black jodhpurs with leather paneling or a structured blouse with a slight peplum. It may seem a little strange but it actually makes perfect sense that the peplum trend works great with equestrian pieces – the chief trait of equestrian style is the combination of structure with feminine details. Check back every Tuesday to see how I style equestrian pieces.
4. Beige High Collar Single-Breasted Woolen Cape
5. Madewell Tailored Peplum Top
7. Lucky Horse Shoe Hand Chain
8. Privileged Gold Horsebit Bracelet
9. Brown Scarf with Navy Horse Print Throughout
10. Dooney & Bourke Large Equestrian Bag
11. Lauren Ralph Lauren Quilted Riding Gloves
12. Madewell The Kensington Satchel