July! July means fireworks and BBQs and mosquitoes and jumping into lakes and day drinking on a boat. It also means swimwear and cover-ups. So that’s what July’s How She’d Wear It is going to be about: cover-ups. I honestly have never mastered the cover-up. I was always a throw on whatever you’ve got kind of girl and ended up with awkward wet-spots from soaked bathing suit tops and bottoms. Not sexy.
The only way to really get over this is to realize that you need a few swimwear pieces beyond your swimsuit. Throwing on regular clothes doesn’t exactly work. So throughout July I am going to show you different cover-up styles and how to look cute post-pool dip. Below are a few options to get you started.
1. Quiksilver Piper Stripe Dress
2. J.Crew Nili Lotan® Moroccan beach tunic
3. Topshop Black Longline Bikini Top
4. Topshop Black High Waisted Bikini Pants
5. Pret-à-Surf® for J.Crew polka-dot short-sleeve rash guard
6. Quiksilver Original Aloha Shorts
7. Vix St. Barths Helen floral-print kaftan
– Julia of Style and Cheek