I’ve shown you surfer style cover-ups and bohemian style cover-ups but I wanted to dive into more preppy style – perfect for a poolside vacation at a beach house complete with lemonade and oversized sunglasses. What do I think of when I think of preppy style cover-ups? I imagine stripes, polka-dots, tank dresses, ruffles. Casual and cute.
1. Calypso St. Barth Kesari Silk Blend Blouse
2. Xhilaration Junior’s Strapless Cover-Up Swim Dress
4. Sperry Top-Sider Anchors Away Short
6. J.Crew Polka-dot underwire tank
7. Quiksilver Desert Rose Seascape Bandeau
8. Quiksilver Desert Rose Sierra Bottom
9. Xhilaration Junior’s Stripe Ruffle Tube Maxi Swim Coverup Dress
10. Quiksilver Veiled Stripe Dress
11. Sperry Top-Sider Maxi Dress
12. Sperry Top-Sider Tennis Date Sun Dress
Of all the cover-up styles out there, preppy is the one I am most comfortable with. Preppy automatically makes me think nautical, and nautical makes me think stripes. I love my striped pieces because not only are they preppy, they happen to be very comfortable. Which is why this particular style makes so much sense for cover-ups. Beyond the nautical stripe, pastels and bright colors are perfect for preppy cover-ups. Collared dresses and strapless dresses also fit into this category. But here’s the thing about tube top dresses: beware the uniboob! Honestly. It’s a real fear that anything strapless is making my chest into a blob shape. If you’re going to wear a strapless dress and you have substantial boobage I would recommend going for one with some bodice shaping.
– Julia of Style and Cheek