There are so many ideas that I can pull for The Makeup Lady over the course of the next few weeks and I thought it would be great to put it in the hands of you, the readers, to come up with the ideas. It’s all about taking the regular makeup person, finding a look they like, and showing them the products they would need in order to recreate the look at home. It’s literally that simple.
This week’s inspiration comes from my co-worker and friend, Katy, who found this stunning forest green and copper eye look. From my post last week, I showed that copper eyes were a big hit at the J Mendel show for NYFW. This is a way to incorporate that look with some green to truly make it a fall look.
Let’s get started!
1. Apply a light layer of eye primer all over the eye lid. I prefer the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded.
2. Starting with your green, add a layer of BareMinerals Soiree all over the eyelid (I promise it has more shimmer and is lighter in color than the picture above shows). Use a tapered shadow brush to pack on the color for more intensity, if desired.
3. Next, start in the outer corner of the eye and build to the desired level. Start adding and blending the Urban Decay shadow in Diamond Dog, with the MAKE UP FOR EVER Shader Brush on the outer corner and up into the crease. Add a little to the bottom lash line for a smoky effect.
4. Take the NARS Pencil in Via Appia and line along the top lash line, bottom water line and under the bottom lash line. Add black liquid liner by Kat Von D on the top lash line to deepen the lash line.
5. Apply your favorite mascara, and as always I recommend the Lancôme Hypnose Drama in Black. Coat both the top and bottom lashes.
That’s it! I told you it was easy. Play around with this look adding more of the Diamond Dog into the crease or less, depending on how dramatic you want to get.
If there are any other looks you would like to see recreated, or need tips on a certain fall lip, cheek or eye color, let me know! Leave your comments, suggestions, and submissions below as I’m looking for ideas for next week’s post.
Jamie of The Lady and The Beard