Are you embracing the warmer weather with skirts, shorts, and dresses? Are your legs blinding young children? Are you afraid to show off your legs for fear they are scaly and someone will mistake you for a piece of sand paper? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then you’re me. I threw on a dress at the first sight of 70 degree temperatures but my legs were not prepared. I know I resemble a pasty ghost but my legs were close to translucent. They shocked everyone, including me, with how little color seemed to be non-existent on my skin. Adding to that, they were in desperate need of hydration. You try applying lotion every single day when you have a growing melon on your front side. It ain’t fun. My legs were long overdue for some special treatment. Don’t worry, Spring, smooth legs are just around the corner with the help of some of the products below. I’ve got you covered from exfoliates, to oils to lotions to foot scrubs. Next, you’ll be out the door waiting in line for a pedi.
1. St. Tropez Self Tan Perfect Legs Spray – Give your legs a kickstart to summer with a light application of this self tanner. Designed for your legs, it gives the perfect hint of color without over doing it. The last thing you want is to look like your legs were in Cabo while your face was in the North Pole.
2. Essie Leg Room Softening Foot Masque – From the Essie Spa line, this foot masque helps to draw impurities out of your skin while giving youtr tootsies a soft, exfoliated feel. Your feet will likely need this before slipping into sandals for the first time.
3. Caudalie Divine Leg Tinted Body Lotion – If you’re scared of a self tanner, then try this product. It gives a subtle golden glow to your skin and the best part is….it rinses off in the shower. No long lasting color that you get from a self tanner. It absorbs quickly and smells like grapefruit.
4. NARS Monoi Body Glow II – Body oils seem to be a scary thing for most. The last thing you want to achieve is a slippery slick mess on your skin. The NARS Body Glow leaves your skin feeling silky smooth without the mess of a regular oil. Body oils have a lot of great benefits because they tend to be more pure than lotions. Plus it gives off a slight fragrance so think of it as a two in one.
5. Aveda Foot Relief Cream – I’m not a huge fan of Aveda products but this one I do love. It’s great for all year round to give your feet and ankles the much needed hydration they need. If you suffer from cracked heels, give this product a try.
6. Philosophy Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion – We all know my love for Philosophy products and it still rings true with this body emulsion. I received a sample to try and oh my goodness….heaven. Baby soft skin was achieved when I used this product. I use it mostly on my legs and thighs, because let’s face it, baby weight takes its toll on your thigh area.
7. Bliss FatGirlSlim – This product tends to get a lot of flack based on the name. No it’s not a weight loss product and no it will not give you Gisele Bündchen thighs overnight. But it will help to smooth out the surface of your skin and reduce the appearance of dimples. Say What?! Yes, I said it. Caffeine in the cream firms your skin leaving it less dimply and more model like. Now that I can get behind.
8. The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Pumice Foot Scrub – Peppermint is typically found in foot products due to its cooling and refreshing quality. The pumice in the scrub leaves you with sandal worthy skin. Try using this up on your ankles and onto your shins to make sure you’re really exfoliating those rough patches.
– Jamie of The Lady and The Beard