I thought it might be fun to dabble into my makeup bag and share with everyone what I use on a daily basis. From all the products I have sampled, tested, tried, used, hoard, and store away, only a handful of products make it to my daily routine. You might also be surprised to see how little I use given the fact that I call myself “The Makeup Lady” during these weekly posts. If all goes well I would like to do these a few times a year, just to showcase how my colors change, and how often I rotate out different products.
For this season I’m currently keeping it simple. I’m preparing for the days of little to no time to get ready, baby strapped to my body and the urgency for getting things done quickly. Plus as the weather warms up no one wants to cake on layers of makeup to get out the door. Everything should be fresh and clean. This is my typical go to look, minus eye liner on some days. Hey, sometimes I just don’t feel like fussing with getting my liner perfect and would rather run out the door.
– NARS Blush Duo in Laguna and Orgasm – I’ve featured this product on the blog before but it is truly my go-to for the summer. Nothing beats a peachy pink with a hint of shimmer. Plus the compact has a bronzer so it’s one less product I have to search for.
– DIORShow Mascara – Julia gifted me this mascara during my weekend trip to Seattle. I am a lover of Lancôme Hypnose mascara but have traded it in for this mascara in the past few weeks. I know that I also put it on my Steal Vs Splurge post and would likely buy a drugstore brand….however I’m kind of digging the look it gives my lashes these days.
– Maybelline Fit Me Foundation and Concealer – I hear many women gasping at this choice. Experimenting beyond mineral foundation lead me to this product. Oil free, light coverage and lightweight. It allows for buildable coverage which I enjoy. Plus the concealer has worked miracles on my dark under eye circles, which I know will come in handy here soon.
– Maybelline Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder – Another drugstore beauty buy that I am currently loving. When using liquid foundation I still find the need to mattify my face. After all I am carrying around extra weight and body temperatures rising cause my face to perspire at times. Plus I love to dust this on for the days that I just use concealer to give an airbrushed look to my face.
– E.L.F. Brow Duo – I’ve used this brow product for the past 2 years on and off. I keep coming back because simply put…it just works.
– Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in #220 Showy – This item was in my lip balm crayon post last week and surprisingly I have been using it all the time. It’s a bright pink which seems to suit me quite well, as most corals are too orange for my lips.
– bareMinerals Nude Beach Eyeshadow – My favorite go-to for always and forever. It’s the typically natural shadow with the best shimmer. When I was surrounded by these colors on a daily basis Nude Beach became boring and bland. Now that I’m a mom to be and work 40+ hours a week in an office, it’s the perfect finishing color to my eye makeup look.
– Too Faced Primer and Poreless Primer – Thanks to Sephora rewards I picked up this free sample a few weeks ago and have loved this primer. I can’t say that I have ever tried Too Faced face primers before but I’m glad that I tried out this little bitty. It’s oil free and perfect for sensitive skin, which is probably why I like it so much.
– Jamie of The Lady and The Beard