I can’t believe May is almost over! Where did the time go? Tis the season I suppose. This is also the time of year when new products are exposed, and there are so many great things on the market to grab up. This month’s Must Haves are all products that are new to me within the past few weeks. Nothing on this list is something that was in my arsenal the months prior. They are “brand new” and ones that I love. I went into this knowing I wanted to be selective and truly choose new items. Why? Sometimes I get caught up in digging through my huge stash to reincorporate products into my daily routine and I forget about the new items I can buy and try. I set out with a purpose and the end result is great.
1. Aveda Stress-fix Lotion – I’m not the biggest Aveda fan but I know people who swear by their product line. For my birthday I was gifted some Aveda products, all of which I enjoy But this Stress Relief Lotion is incredible. I’m leery about lotions because of my sensitive skin but this….I know I will definitely need some stress relief in my life soon.
2. TooFaced Primed and Poreless Primer – This was in last week’s post on what I’m currently using. It made my favorites list because it does what it says it will do. My foundation goes on smoother and my pores aren’t peeking through halfway through the day. Thumbs up TooFaced primer!
3. Revlon Lip Balm Crayon – Another item that was featured in last week’s post. I love this so much that I went out and bought two more so that I have daily lip options.
4. Matrix Biolage Scalptherapie Shampoo – I’m not afraid to say I suffer from dandruff from time to time. Hey, it’s a natural thing and I’m not one to let it take over and be left with flakes. The Beard picked this up for me and it’s been a hair life saver. I use it 1-2 times a week and notice the biggest difference on my scalp. It’s also great for those days when I use a ton of product because it helps to remove the excess buildup that can lay there for days at a time, even after multiple washes.
5. Sephora Mirror Compact – I’m one that tends to use my camera on the iPhone as a mirror when touching up my lips or hair. I decided to go old school and invest in a small compact mirror to keep in my purse because it causes less eye oogling and strange comments.
6. Cartier Baiser Volé Parfume – I found a small sample bottle of this in the way back hidden part of my closet. Who knows how long it has been there. Just like lotions, I’m weird about scents but I’m really digging this fragrance. Sweet, fresh, and floral are everything I like in a fragrance.
7. Sonia Kashuk Buffing Brush – Over the years I have learned the importance of great, quality brushes. A cheap brush can ruin your collection and cause improper application over your makeup. I bought this brush on a whim (because it was on sale) and I’m convinced that there are some great quality brushes out there at a lower price point.
– Jamie of The Lady and The Beard