Fashion bloggers have been rocking the baseball cap for a few seasons now and though I’ve been hesitant about this trend I’ve come to admire those with the gumption to try it. But of course I’m not talking about the obvious throwing-on-your-trusty-cap-with-jeans-and-a-tee. That’s too easy. And no flat-bill hats either. We’re not trying to emulate Bieber here. So how about pairing your baseball cap with a summer dress instead? I promise you it works, heck baseball caps and dresses are officially one of this summer’s must-have pairs. Part of my appreciation for the baseball cap trend is that it’s great for those summer hair days when you don’t necessarily want to tie your hair up in a top knot but it isn’t doing what you want. Throw on that baseball cap and corral those waves. Never thought I’d be one to tell people to just put on a hat but this baseball cap and dress combination is suddenly chic and I say take advantage of it.
1. Ray-Ban Acetate Covered Aviator Sunglasses
2. T. Kilburn Geode Crystal & Needles Necklace
3. Belle By Sigerson Morrison Afton Cross Strap Suede Sandals
4. MADEWELL Eyelet Hideaway Dress
5. Biltmore® & Madewell Baseball Hat
6. Essie Mint Candy Apple Nail Polish
7. Clare Vivier Jane Mini Crossbody
I was inspired by Dree Hemingway’s lace dress and Yankees cap combination as it’s so unexpectedly pretty and perfect for summer. What I love about it is that it’s so easy to recreate. You honestly just need a white lace dress, a baseball cap, and strappy sandals. How easy is that? You can add a bit of color and texture to the outfit by painting your nails a sweet pastel hue, I’ve chosen Essie’s Mint Candy Apple, and putting on a gorgeous geode necklace. This an outfit that would look particularly weird if you pick the wrong hat though – no trucker hats please!
2. J.Crew Vintage Denim Jacket in Melrose Wash
3. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Everly’ Bootie
5. Free People Cheeky Lace Bra
6. kate spade new york You Put the Lime in My Coconut Idiom Bangle
7. Marc By Marc Jacobs Snake Bangle Bracelet – Oro
8. Margaret Elizabeth Pink Amethyst Teardrop Bangle
9. Rebecca Minkoff Striped Canvas Mini Mac Bag in Teal Stripe
It would have been incredibly easy to put together a straight, fitted, cute dress with little Keds or sneakers, and you can certainly do that, but that felt too much like other outfits I’ve been making lately, preppy outfits. I love preppy but I also love edgy, so today we have a baseball cap and dress combo that you can wear with either a jean jacket or leather jacket. This outfit welcomes your worn in motorcycle boots. Add a colorful bag and a lot of bangles and you’re ready for an outdoor summer concert.
– Julia of Style and Cheek