July brought together a summery theme for must haves. Everything on this list is something that is great for repairing, correcting, or emphasizing your summer look. And even though we are a hop, skip and jump away from August, doesn’t mean that it’s too late to invest in these pieces. Summer isn’t over yet and there is plenty of fun in the sun to be had.
1. Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Push-Up Liner – #1 on the list is the new Benefit push up liner. I put myself on multiple waiting lists for this product and once it became available I had to wait a few weeks to even purchase it due to motherhood coming a week early. But once I had that liner in my hands, it was end game. It takes some time to get use to the applicator tip, but once you master it, you will have the best cat eyeliner in the game.
2. Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask – This kind of goes along with last week’s post of Sunburn Remedies. If you are suffering from dry, irritated skin, check on this skincare mask. It will help to reduce puffiness on the face (and eye area!) and prove to be a skin lifesaver this summer.
3. Festooned As Possible Hair Clip Set via ModCloth – okay, so hair isn’t really a “makeup” product and this is not the last of the hair products this month. But I’m really into cute hair pieces right now. I live a different life these days ands sometimes curling or blow drying my hair doesn’t exist. Adding a cute bow clip, or two can change up my look and help to hide unsightly second day hair.
4. Bobbi Brown Sand Eye Palette in Surf and Sand – This is the next “NAKED” palette. Shimmers, nudes, light and dark colors make up this 8 piece eye collection. This palette works for EVERYONE and is a great every day or on the go piece to stuff in your bag.
5. Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Collection – Buy this entire collection. All 4 pieces are a must have and I’m not just saying that because I’m a stylist’s wife. The Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil products help to smooth and tame your mane all while offering UV protection. That means it protects against the harsh rays from the sun helping to preserve your hair while you’re out and about. You didn’t think that your hair needed protection? Well it does! The Oil itself is a great product to have on hand if you’re not a fan of the MoroccanOil. The Shampoo and Conditioner has proven to be a lifesaver for me on the humid, sticky Ohio summer days as it tames my frizz and keeps my style smooth. But adding in that primer, changed it all. It has the same great benefits of the other 3 products but it also acts as a heat protectant. So putting that hairdryer, flat iron or wand on your tresses…you need this primer to work with the other products. Just buy all 4 and use them all together. Your hair will thank you later.
6. Bobbi Brown Beach Fragrance – This was an impulse buy on a trip to Sephora. I like to browse the fragrance section for something new and different, but I never really decide on anything. Until Beach. I don’t know about you but I would love to smell like a beach at all times. This fragrance is the perfect blend of salt spray and jasmine to make anyone believe you just stepped out of the ocean.
7. Deborah Lippmann Happily Ever After Nail Collection – Wedding season is upon us which means neutral nails. Whether you’re a bride to be, in the bridal party or just attending, this set is the epitome of what nail colors should be for weddings. Mix and match your mani/pedis with the 3 shades in the box – Endless Love, Going To The Chapel, and Something Blue.