I will be the first to admit that this past month has been lackluster and boring in terms of must haves and new products. NOTHING has screamed out to me with such ferocity and extreme love like the past few months. September was dullsville and I’m sorry if this post isn’t everything you hoped and dreamed it would be. I promise there are must haves in here that I do currently love…but it’s a short list. Maybe I set myself up too high for fall-like weather, fall-like clothes and fall-like beauty that when it didn’t come to fruition (on the beauty products) I was let down. Maybe I was expecting a miracle outside the massive berry lips/cheeks that are on the market and hungry for something different.
My complaining aside, I did find some things I loved and want to share this month. Don’t let my negativity fool you. Some months can’t always be perfect…or as my husband thinks, I just have too much stockpiled and collected to even need anything new and fun. September ranges from lip colors, to fragrances and back to makeup with some different color palettes.
- Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick in Night Crimson – I made a comment earlier about berry lips but this lip color is to die for and a must have for your fall collection. I’m obsessed with her videos and her looks, like Lisa Eldridge, and she is typically the go-to makeup artist for fashion week.
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres #232 Tisse Venitien – A different take on the fall brown eye shadows. The set has all you need to create everything from a simple to dramatic eye. 2 pigment rich shades, a contour, and a highlighter to help you master any eye look.
- Tom Ford ‘Black Orchid’ Eau de Parfum – Get ready to smell like pure fall sexiness. Vanilla, orchid, and citrus are just a few of the notes highlighting this fragrance. And it’s Tom Ford so you know you’ll be exuding pure sex this fall.
- bareMinerals ‘Ready To Go’ Complexion Perfection Palette – A to-go case with a brush, concealer, bronzer, complexion color AND a luminizer…it’s everything you need for your morning routine. Who cares if it’s a to-go palette! Use it everyday because it’s so damn convenient.
– Jamie of The Lady and The Beard