Even though December and 2014 are coming to a close, I know I will be looking back to this month for winter style inspiration. Despite the cold weather we’ve had recently I usually forget that winter doesn’t actually start until the end of December. Which means we still have MONTHS of cold weather ahead of us, so take out those mittens, beanies, scarves, and boots and bundle up? Explore layering up with everything from faux fur to fair isle prints. Remember, winter accessories are your friend. The last thing you want is to be that one miserable shivering person who thought they had to choose style over warmth. You can have both!
2. Gap Women Cozy Turtleneck Sweater
3. Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac Bag in Winter Mint
4. Sugar Bean Jewelry Boxed Pave Stud Earrings
5. Ray-Ban Original Aviator Sunglasses
7. FOREVER 21 Faux Fur Pom Pom Beanie
8. J.Crew Wool Melton Hooded Bib Jacket
9. FOREVER 21 Faux Shearling Convertible Gloves
10. J.Crew Anonymous Ism Fair Isle Socks
11. Koolaburra Fringe Moccasin Wedge Booties
This first look is pretty “normal” as far as the core pieces but with a lot of fun winter accessories to give it some playful flare. I must confess, I own this coat, so I’m a little biased about it, but what’s not to love? It’s the perfect length, simple, and super cute. I’ve featured the J.Crew Pixie pant numerous times and if I hadn’t bought the coat, I would have taken home a pair of these thick leggings as well. The cable knit vest with faux fur collar looks warm, comfortable, and a bit glam. But let’s quit playing around, the accessories are the real stars here. Fair isle socks and mittens? What could be more wintery wonderful than that? Moccasin booties loaded with fringe and a mint leather crossbody bag? Party time!
2. Missoni Polka Dot Zigzag Gloves
3. Coach Ranger Flap Crossbody In Leather
4. FOREVER 21 Knit Bow Headwrap
5. BaubleBar Gold Tassel Necklace
6. TOPSHOP Sequin Pleated Midi Skirt
7. BaubleBar Gem Spike Stud Set
8. TOPSHOP Textured Crop Sweat
9. BaubleBar Crystal Sunshower Bracelet
10. BaubleBar Crystal Garland Bracelet
11. J.Crew Falke® Warm Deluxe Tights
12. Sam Edelman Jardin Lace Up Booties
It’s not an obvious choice to go for a witchy/boho style for winter. Boho pieces can definitely be layered but usually even then aren’t quite thick enough for sub-freezing temperatures, so how did I combat that? Two words. Fur. Vest. It’s an unexpected but really fun choice that transitions from fall into winter. Keeping things lighthearted, sexy, but with a little bit of Practical Magic inspired attitude I went with a long sleeved crop top, a sparkly sequined midi skirt and kickass boots. Long gloves, and a headwrap will help keep you warm as you float around poisoning abusive ex-lovers.
– Julia of Style and Cheek