For my winter wish list I couldn’t help but pick out black pieces, so for this spring wish list I literally did not allow anything black (shh, the ocelot print doesn’t count). It was fairly easy considering the range of colors that become available once the sun returns from hibernation, and that doesn’t include all of the white in stores right now. There’s so much white. I might just end up wearing white exclusively for spring and summer and black for fall and winter because that’s what stores are basically telling me to do. I kid, I kid, but I would actually like some lighter or brighter shirts that I can wear with my new pairs of jeans. Once you have lighter rinse jeans black shirts just don’t feel right, so I’m essentially forcing myself to buy color now that I own these jeans. That makes sense, right?
What I love about spring is that there’s less pressure to dress up. Jeans and sneakers are more than ok because you likely attend fewer parties and spend more time outside. You do not want to run around the grass in heels. While a nice pastel heel might be exciting for the office, please note that I am not touching on anything work related or office appropriate. This spring I’m going for things that are easy to throw on, from a slouchy pair of jeans, printed slip-ons, to a layered tank top. Consider this your low-maintenance, low-fuss, adventure time spring wardrobe.
1. 7 For All Mankind® ‘The Relaxed’ Skinny Boyfriend Jeans (Medium Broken Twill) – I walked into Nordstrom on a mission to find a new pair of skinny jeans so color me surprised when after begrudgingly trying these boyfriend jeans on, I turned out to love them. I never thought I could pull off boyfriend jeans (or was too lazy to try them) but these skinny boyfriends are exactly what I didn’t know I needed in my life. I’m hooked.
2. Zara Fruit Print Shorts – I love shorts that look like skirts. Mostly because I hate shorts and feel like the skirt part in front gives you a sleeker appearance. The fruit print is just a tad cheeky but from afar they almost look like polka dots. Playful and perfect for spring.
3. Jules Smith Americana Choker – Warmer weather equals simpler jewelry (in my book anyway) and what’s more perfect than a delicate, gold choker for 2015?
4. 7 For All Mankind® Ankle Skinny Jeans – I wanted to find a lighter version of my dark skinny 7s and even though I tried on at least ten pairs of jeans I ended up with another pair of 7s. I recommend 7s to anyone with a bit of booty or muscular thighs. They’re really flattering. Plus, they’re on sale!
5. Vans ‘Comina’ Slip-On Sneaker – Bring on the palm prints. I’m really digging all things palm print and with sneakers being such a great shoe option for spring I had to add these to my wish list. They’re so freaking fun.
6. Coach MINI Skinny In Ocelot Print Crossgrain Leather – Once I bought the Rebecca Minkoff MAB Mini tote, I realized that I need a new wallet or card case that will actually fit into the tiny bag. This cute little wallet is just the right size and pretty much matches the inside of the Rebecca Minkoff purse.
7. Tilly Sweater in Bright Spearmint – I’m in love with these sweaters. I already have one in red and one in black but really want a few spring appropriate colors and this spearmint screams May-weather. It’s taken me years to find the right length top to wear with flared skirts and this is a keeper. It’s slightly cropped so make sure you wear pants or skirts with a higher waist if you don’t want some navel exposure.
8. Free People Low Armhole 2fer Tank – This top is a little bit Michonne from The Walking Dead with a crochet layer over the tank. That’s fine by me because Michonne is an obvious badass (and from the flashbacks, a seriously stylish woman). But this 2fer tank is comfortable as well as cute.