Where has the time gone?! I found myself missing Ava’s 9 month mark and then realizing that the end of March was around the corner and I had yet to prepare anything for The Edit. I just can’t believe it’s time for another round-up of my favorites and good reads for the past month. A lot has happened and this time I’m not going to touch on Kim K’s new blonde do. We’ve got other great hair things to talk about this month. I went back to basics and included some of my must haves for this past month along with other great products that were talked about and I mentioned in Beauty Basics posts over the past 4 weeks. Let’s dive in and have some fun!
- There are 4 basic beauty brushes that every lady needs. Yes, only 4! Refinery29 posted this piece with the help of Sonia Kashuk breaking down the different brushes and even offering budget friendly versions that any lady would be happy to own. My personal favorite is the Urban Decay NAKED Basics Double Ended Eye Brush.
- My love of Bumble and bumble products knows no bounds. I would be happy with a cabinet full of Bumble products, even though my husband would never allow it. I just want to get my hands on everything, including the NEW! Surf Infusion Spray. Surf Spray meets healthy hair oils for soft, beachy waves with sheen.
- Have you heard the latest trend on mood changing lip colors? Put your chemistry to the test with these 3 lip colors that change based on your skins pH. Dior ‘Addict Lip Glow’ gives you two options of pink or coral, Smashbox O-Gloss transforms from clear to a custom pink hue, and Sephora Collection Color Reveal helps to boost your natural lip color.
- Natural is the way to go these days, especially when it comes to your makeup. Natural and subdued is in. This new M-A-C Nordstorm Exclusive Natural Eye Palette gives you every color imaginable to create natural looking eyes. The long wearing, pigmented colors are the perfect addition to your makeup collection.
- Face Oils are a weird concept to most especially when you’re using an oil to cleanse your face. I had the privilege of trying Grace Green Beauty products for the past 30 days and I’m now a face oil believer. Try the CLEAN oil cleanser and see for yourself.
- I did my first ever hair tutorial this month and of course I have to plug the post. Easy messy waves can be done by anyone! Invest in a marcel iron to style your hair like the pros.
- Another must have this month is the Benefit Roller Lash. Think of it as a lash curler and mascara in one. The patent pending Hook ‘n’ Roll™ brush helps to lift and curl the lashes. The formula also contains B5 for long lasting lash conditioning and hold for up to 12 hours. I’m not a fan of lash curlers for fear of pinching my eye skin so the Roller Lash is something I will invest in.
- Lauren Conrad is the queen bee of perfect hair. Even with her short bob she manages to create beachy waves with ease. This tutorial from Byrdie Beauty goes inside Lauren’s home to show how she creates her effortless style. Recreate her style with John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Salt Spray, or Bumble and bumble’s Surf Spray (or Surf Infusion!)
– Jamie of Hello There, Lady!