Picking all-white as my HSWI topic for April is kinda cheating, since white is timeless, seasonless and ever present. But as it turns out, white is too easy for its own good and I’m here to help y’all funkify your all white outfits. We’re starting off with a fairly easy white number, the LWD or more specifically lace little white dresses. This will be the easiest to pull off because your “all white” is just one piece so you only have to focus on accessorizing. I was inspired by Mad Men and gladiator sandals for these two outfits. We have a sort of retro garden party styled dress and a warrior-princess inspired outfit. Very different styles, but built entirely off some fun accessories.
1. Jennifer Behr Center Knot Turban Headband – Soleil
2. J.Crew Teardrop Stone Bracelet
3. Isaac Mizrahi New York ‘Popular’ Sandal
4. J.Crew Striped Eyelet Dress
5. Vintage Frames Company Dice No. 1 Sunglasses
7. Rebecca Minkoff Quilted Mini Affair Bag – Quartz
This outfit is the kind of modern day Betty Draper look that I admire and wish I was more drawn to actually wear. It’s a very clean, classic dress with an eyelet pattern that is both understated and timeless. All that means is that this is a really easy dress to wear but maybe not so easy to accessorize, because you don’t want things to be too simple or one-note. That’s why I played with different textures and colors throughout this look. A pink quilted Rebecca Minkoff bag, strappy sexy sandals, a delicate necklace, and a chunky bracelet keep the eyes moving across the whole outfit. But what really keeps things playful is the yellow headband. This outfit takes a simple LWD and makes it ready for anything, from a garden party to a warm evening out on the town.
1. Lulu Frost *NEW* Eternal Life Necklace
2. Rachel Zoe Sophia Pave Cuff Bracelet
3. Lulu Frost *NEW* G. Frost Divide and Conquer Cuff
4. Lulu Frost G. Frost Trust Cuff Brass
5. Rebecca Minkoff Crossbody – Mini Fringe
7. Marc By Marc Jacobs Oversized Aviator Sunglasses – Havana
8. Free People Caged Stone Cuff
9. Zara Leather Gladiator Sandals
Dear designers and mainstream style brands, please make more cute pieces out of lace! I went shopping last week kinda hoping to find a lace shirt and found zilch, but that’s maybe why I find this white guipure dress so irresistible. Lace is the most feminine thing there is and the fit of this dress is particularly flattering and sexy. But to give this look a bit of an edge I went with some warrior-princess inspired accessories. Gladiator sandals, an adorable leather fringe bag, and chunky cuffs that will fit your wrist like armor are all on trend but kinda rebellious when put together. With this outfit you’ll be comfortable, confident and ready to turn heads at Sasquatch or Bonnaroo or Burning Man or whatever festival you crazy kids are going to this year.
– Julia of Style and Cheek