I’m really excited about my picks for this month. I have been deep in beauty articles, products, and tutorials for the past few weeks and there are so many great things to share. I feel like I say that every month but each month gets exponentially better. To say I’m all over the place is an understatement because I’m literally bringing to you every idea imaginable. At home DIY masks? Check! $1000 face creams? Check! Skincare Q&A? Check! Hot tool at home care? Check! You are bound to find at least something you like in this post. Dive in and check out the best from June.
- Hair tool maintenance is something that most people avoid or don’t put too much thought into. Being a hairstylists wife I can tell you that it’s something I’m familiar with and take great pride in keeping my tools in check. You’re making an investment each time you buy a curling iron, flat iron, or hairdryer, so why not treat it with a bit of respect and love? This article is old but newly found. The Beauty Department offers 3 great tips on how to care for your curling irons. Learn how to remove that build up product gunk, how to store them, and what not to do.
- You should always have some metallic shadows on hand. Especially Rose Gold. When the summer heat wave hits I pull out my trusty Rose Gold MAC pigment and apply generously each day. Why? There is just something about the look that makes me feel warm and summery, and slightly tan. W Magazine showcases 2 metallic eye looks, one of which is Rose Gold inspired. Other colors to check out are BareMinerals Grace Shadow and Bobbi Brown’s Rose Gold Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow.
- There is no denying the beauty and coolness that is Cara Delevingne. She is the epitome of lady cool and I can’t get enough of her. But what about her bandana, messy pony look. Yay or nay?
- House of Sunscreen: The Doctors Are In. Get the real advice and real answers from 2 doctors that specialize in skincare. Dr. Murad and Dr. Gross answer the tough questions on the Sephora BeautyTalk June Edition. Ever wanted to know the minimum level of SPF you should use? Or what you should do to treat the redness/heat out of your skin? Now you’ll know. Make sure to get your hands on Murad’s Invisiblur and Gross’ Dark Spot Corrector to minimize the signs of skin damage.
- Remember the little sunless self tanner post I did earlier in the month? The biggest takeaway I had was the St. Tropez Gradual Tan in Shower Lotion. I can’t get enough of this idea and product. Application is easy and clean up is easier. Get your hands on this self tanner STAT!
- I’m an avid DIY-er and I’ve always wanted to experiment with DIY face masks. Aren’t you better off knowing what’s in your skincare, especially if you’ve prepped it in your own kitchen? Would you ever mix up avocado, lemon and honey to detox and brighten your skin?
- $1000 face cream might sound absurd to most. I can’t even begin to fathom what it would be like to layer on luxurious face creams each night. If only. But are those creams truly worth it? The Coveteur digs in to give you the scoop. Maybe there is something to the gold, platinum, and diamond ingredients after all. Peter Thomas Roth’s 24k Gold Mask is calling my name.
- Do you ever wonder how much is too much when it comes to hair product? You’re left with a slick spot on the top of your head because you overpumped and applied way too much oil to your tresses. This article from Refinery29 is the perfect guide on how much to use. My mantra is always, less is more…because you can always add more. But in case you want to dive right in, consult with the chart. You have portion control guides from serums, to creams to pomades and gels. Oh my!
-Jamie of Hello There, Lady!