I hope that I’m bringing new and original content to you at the end of each month with The Edit. It’s the one post I look forward to sharing because all of these products and reads are interesting…to me at least. This month we are exploring the topics of strobing (is it really the new contouring?), frizz fighting hair products, beauty hacks, and the secret to Cindy Crafword’s ageless beauty. Share your favorites below or let me know what you want to see on the next The Edit for August!
- I watch contouring videos weekly. There are a variety of ways to contour and I’m constantly learning a new technique. I stumbled upon Clown Contouring and it’s the first one that struck an emotional nerve. For those haters out there saying too much makeup is a bad thing and makes women look fake, this read is for you. It’s all about feeling beautiful and having fun with it at the same time. Fighting back at the nay sayers, Bella DeLune has fun using the basic contouring principles and “blends away the hate”.
- Is strobing the new contouring? It’s a process that requires fewer products but uses the same technique. Instead of emphasizing the contours and hollows of your face, it is aimed at highlighting and lightening the emphasized areas such as cheekbones, nose, forehead, and chin. For those out to achieve the “natural” dewy glow, strobing is for you. NARS Illuminators, smashbox Photo Finish Illuminating Foundation and Clinique’s Chubby Stick Highlighter are a few of the products to help you achieve this look.
- Are you tired of packing your entire makeup kit for a weekend away? Do you wish you could minimize what you take but still be able to take makeup with you? Chanel has come out with a new travel palette that has everything you need. Literally. From eye colors to lip colors, face products and brushes, this travel kit was created to help the everyday woman still look flawless on the go. This palette would be great to pack in your gym bag if you’re the early morning riser that works out before work.
- Raise your hand if you’re fighting the frizz this summer. You can’t see it but my hand is HIGH in the air. When it’s hot in Cincinnati it’s miserable. Humidity is at an all time high, as I write this post, and my hair just can’t catch a break. Hair perfection is only a few products away. My favorite go-to is Oribe’s Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray. I use it after curling my hair to help set and protect against the humidity. Another go-to trick…clear mascara! Fight the baby hair frizzies at the front and along your part to keep from looking like you stuck your finger in the electrical outlet. Check out Mane Addicts for other frizz fighting products.
- I read my horoscope weekly. Yep, I’m one of those. But to break up the seriousness of my horoscope I checked out The Coveteur’s Nail Polish Horoscope. Yes, colors picked specifically based on your astrological sign and horoscope. Apparently orange is the go-to for Taurus’ this month and I can’t say I hate it. The colors picked for me are Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Mirabella, Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer in SNAP! and RGB in Monarch.
- When I stumbled upon Byrdie’s 10 Second Beauty Hacks I just had to share. Who doesn’t want a quick beauty hack to up their makeup game? My favorite’s from the bunch are using baby powder to plump your lashes (I’ve personally tried this and it DOES work) and using vaseline on your pulse points prior to applying perfume for a long lasting scent. It seems too simple but I never would have guessed to try vaseline. Mind = blown!
- Cindy Crawford is an ageless beauty. She spills her beauty secrets and tips to Into The Gloss. She sleeps with her hair in a top knot to preserve a blow out, is obsessed with LUSH’s Jasmine and Henna Fluff hair treatment, and uses Neutrogena’s Body Oil after dry brushing. Basically Cindy Crawford is a normal woman, which means I could be Cindy Crawford?
– Jamie of Hello There, Lady!