It’s GIVEAWAY time! All you journal and paper lovers, this one’s for you! A little gift from Moorea Seal, Sasquatch Books, and myself. You can find the details on how to enter at the bottom of this post.
As you’ve probably noticed, I’ve been featuring a lot of Moorea Seal products on the blog. Moorea started out as a blogger, but also did a lot of freelance work, graphic design, illustration, and jewelry design. Then her jewelry line and Pinterest blew up, enabling her to turn a love of curating into more than just a side job. She opened the Moorea Seal store online in 2013, and it was such a success that the Moorea Seal storefront in Seattle was born! I met Moorea at the opening of her store last year, and she’s a total freaking sweetheart. Since then it’s felt really natural to pimp Moorea Seal’s products. I love the store and Moorea and I have become pretty obsessed with the sunglasses/jewelry sections of the store (as I’m sure you’ve seen) but it feels great to support a local retailer and fellow blogger.
Moorea is basically kicking ass in the creative/retail world so it should be no surprise that she just released a book, The 52 Lists Project: A Year of Weekly Journaling Inspiration. It all started from an early blog post Moorea wrote called “Miss Lists” which garnered a lot of attention, probably because people can’t get enough of list making. But not just regular lists like grocery lists and to-do lists, these lists are centered around self discovery. I’m fairly serious about what I put on paper, so the idea of this book is very therapeutic. This is list building to take weight off your mind or affirm yourself and your ideas. There’s a list for every week of the year and the book is organized seasonally.
*Disclaimer: I was gifted a copy of this book but all opinions are my own.
“In this journal, you’ll find ways to make each week of the year more thoughtful and vibrant by looking deeply inside of yourself to reveal your inner wisdom and confidence.”
I really like the variety of topics that the list covers. I’ve found journaling to be daunting in the past but this is really straightforward. Lists like the one above – “List all your favorite things about fall” was really fun to fill out. And at the end of the list there’s a little Take Action note that says, “Plan your perfect fall day. Where will you go, what will you wear, what will you do? Now go live it!” According to my list I need to carve pumpkins while drinking hard cider and watching scary movies. Sounds about right. One thing I’d like to do this year is go to a corn maze (I need to add that to the list!)
Here are a few examples of other lists in the book:
- List your favorite meals and treats
- List the difficult moments in your past that have shaped you for the better (my book keeps opening up to this page and I’m like NO stop that.)
- List the qualities you admire most in others
- List the wildest things you want to try (*eyebrow raises*)
But Julia, what is the GIVEAWAY? Well, one lucky winner will get their very own copy of The 52 Lists Project: A Year of Weekly Journaling Inspiration. Then you can start your very own journaling journey (that sounded cheesy…) how about list legacy…? Haha just enter the giveaway. The journal is insightful and fun and you deserve one. Check out #52ListsProject on Instagram to see how others are filling out their books and join the community by purchasing the book from Moorea Seal and using the hash-tag #52ListsProject on your own photos.
1. To enter, select one or all of the options on the widget below. If you select Leave a Comment, make sure you actually leave a comment on this post otherwise your entry will be invalid.
2. The promotion period for this giveaway will close on Thursday, October 1st, 2015 at 11:59pm PST and a winner will be announced on Friday October 2nd.
3. The giveaway is open to all readers and visitors, so feel free to share this post with your friends!
4. OPTIONAL: Don’t forget to check out the Moorea Seal website, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram pages! But note, while some of these are ways to enter the giveaway you don’t have to like or follow these to win the giveaway but more entries do increase your chances of winning.