Holiday parties are in full swing and you’re probably wondering, “what should I bring for the hostess?” Because you know showing up to a party empty-handed is a no-no, and anyone can bring a bottle of wine, so how about something a little more thoughtful? Or at least a little more playful. If you’re still on the lookout for the perfect casual gift for a friend this guide will work for you as well because it is definitely in the holiday spirit, or at least into the holiday spirits (ha!).
Ok I’ll be honest, Dan and I have been experimenting with (extremely dirty) martinis at home and this guide is kinda sorta a list of things I want for myself to deck out a martini-friendly soirée I’ve pictured in my head but haven’t yet planned. We’ve also been attending quite a few parties lately, and one needs to be prepared with an adorable but functional gift the hostess can put to use right away. We’ve got candles, and coasters, and hardware for the bar, this guide features a variety of food and drink type gifts that just about anyone will appreciate but the hostess will absolutely love.
1. diptyque ‘Sapin’ Candle – A super classy candle is a great gift, especially when it smells like the holidays and comes in such an adorable votive.
2. Waiting on Martha Chez Elle Eye Lashes Tray – Here’s a sweet gift for a friend, a cute little tray for trinkets.
3. Furbish Studio Pink Paisley Cocktail Napkin Set – A bit boho and oh so cute! Plain white paper cocktail napkins are so blasé.
4. A Boat, A Whale & A Walrus: Menus and Stories by Renee Erickson – This is on my to-buy list for Dan. It’s a beautiful book full of delicious recipes from one of our favorite Seattle restaurateurs.
5. Mignon Natural Beeswax Candles – Cute little candles to have on hand for a special occasion, covering your table with flickering candles is a holiday must.
6. Sur la Table Bar Spoon – A chic copper bar spoon, since silver is such an obvious choice to stir (not shake!) up that yummy gin martini.
7. Leif Round Marble Cutting Board – Make everyone at the party happy by showing up with this and a nice cheese or charcuterie spread, and then let the hostess keep the board.
8. Terrain Bumbleberry Chunk Honey – I’ve become a little obsessed with honey lately. For tea, with cheese, I get a little giddy when I get a new kind and I imagine other honey lovers feel the same.
9. Hepp’s Fleur De Sel Salt – Always wonderful to have some great quality salt on hand, plus this jar is classy enough to display out on your counter.
10. Schott Zwiesel 1872 Enoteca Martini Glasses (Set Of 2) – A classy pair of martini glasses can go a long way to making people (like me) happy.
11. Artisan S’mores Kit – Yum! Instead of truffles, how about some fancy s’mores as a gift. I’d love to receive any kind of chocolate but this is an activity as well as a dessert.
12. Classic Cocktails 2016 Calendar – A calendar is a good gift if it’s pretty, but even better if it’s got simple but delicious drink recipes each month.
13. Furbish Studio Cheers, Bitches! Coaster Set – Cheeky coasters and napkins are all over the place and these are one of my favorites. Not too offensive but just enough attitude to earn a smile.
14. West Elm Essential Barware Arrow Cocktail Picks (Set Of 6) – Gotta love a good cocktail pick! These are sleek and so much more fun than a regular toothpick. Now imagine one of those spearing through 3 or 4 pimento stuffed olives. Yess.[show_shopthepost_widget id=”1253644″]