Boho princess style has been reigning lately on Style and Cheek. I’ve always loved Free People but it wasn’t until the end of last year that I really started adding their pieces to my wardrobe. Think lace, flowy layers, lots and lots of rings, pieces with witchy and free spirit vibes. If any of these things make your heart pitter-patter a bit faster, you’ll appreciate this gift guide.
When I think of boho style I think of mismatched pieces and long-hair-don’t-care attitude. Every piece holds a special meaning, whether it’s a lace dress you ogled over for ages, or a funky jacket you picked up at the thrift store. Who cares if your bag doesn’t match your sunglasses? They’re both so damn cute. My boho preference is on the darker side, more rock n roll than hippie. Think leather and lace with tousled hair. Maybe a little tarot card reading get together with friends. But whether you go dark or whimsical with your boho look, just remember to embrace your inner eclecticism and do you.
1. Free People Sweet Thing Tunic – This tunic is gorgeous and can be worn year round, alone in spring and summer, and with tights, leggings, or even pants in fall and winter. More so than black, white is a beloved boho staple. Think white lace, sheer white, anything ethereal.
2. Quay Australia Sugar & Spice Mirror Cat Eye Sunglasses – Saw these on Pinterest the other day and was stoked to come across them again on ASOS. They’re pretty! And funky! I love the marbled and mirrored look together and they would look amazing with a leather jacket.
3. Josie Hat – Every boho wardrobe needs a floppy hat. It’s a quintessential piece that looks great with all your flowy pieces year round, especially since this black hat with braided detail is simple enough to go with everything.
4. Lulu Frost “NEW” Crystaline Ring – Boho jewelry is all about mixing metals and stacking rings. This is a great, stunner cocktail ring with art deco details that is really special compared to your regular gold bands.
5. Palo Santo Smudge Sticks – My Mom used to burn sage smudge sticks when I was growing up and I’d get annoyed because I hated the smell. It wasn’t until I was living on my own that I kinda missed the whole cleansing ritual. While these aren’t sage, I think I’d prefer the Palo Santo wood sticks. Plus it comes with crystals!
6. The Wild Unknown Tarot Deck – When I think of a group of boho loving friends I think of girls sitting around, The Craft style, doing tarot. I’ve had a few of those nights. A friend of mine gave me a beautiful tarot deck as a gift and I thought it was so sweet and thoughtful of her so considering doing the same for your gal pal.
7. Zara Leather Jacket – The wear with everything/anything jacket. It’s a simple, classic piece to give you that rock-n-roll feel.
8. Pamela Love Dagger Pendant – I’m obsessed with this necklace. A dagger pendant has been on my to-buy list for what seems like forever. It has the right ‘edgy but beautiful’ attitude, but without pretension. This is no fuss boho badassery.
9. Coco Rose Body Polish – Is it weird to assume that boho chicks are super into taking care of their skin? I can just see entire nights dedicated to long epsom salt baths, mud masks, and making their skin super soft with body polish. Maybe that’s what I wish my life was like. Either way, this coconut oil and rose body polish sounds like heaven.
10. ASOS Velvet Turban Hat – What is more vintage Queen than a turban style hat? Especially one in black velvet! Pair this with a faux fur stole and something crazy like sequins and you’ll be ready for that next party at Jay Gatsby’s.
11. Free People We The Free Ventura Thermal – What every boho girl needs in winter is layering pieces. The key to good layering is having thin pieces. Of all the styles, boho pulls this off the easiest because there are so many flowy options. This thermal is wearable with fitted arms for easy layering and comes in a ton of pretty colors.
12. CHILD of WILD Gojjam Velvet Choker – To go with the dagger necklace, here’s an equally dramatic choker. It comes in wine and black as well, but I went with the cream because it has that virginal romantic quality.
13. Topshop Colourblock Faux Fur Stole – I know, it’s a little glam for boho but I couldn’t resist. This collage needed more pops of color and while you could choose any faux fur stole (there are many to choose from, from brown to burgundy to neon) I loved this colorblock version. It’s unexpected and fun.
14. Splendid Asher Bootie – You definitely need a good pair of boots, and a bootie with a little Western style feels very boho. Any cute bootie to wear with flowy dresses is the way to go.[show_shopthepost_widget id=”1270519″]