I’m sad to announce that this it the last The Edit. I can’t say it’s leaving forever but I just don’t see it on the horizon for 2016. As much as I have loved rounding up great reads, links, and products, I just found that the other content I brought monthly was more creative and satisfying. With that being said, I have to end this series on top and with some of the best picks for the month of December. Everything this month is New Years Eve and 2016 focused. New skincare trends, different ways to use glitter and post Christmas beauty deals are just a few of the pieces covered this week.
- Right now Nordstrom is having 25% off all MAC items. It’s a great time to stock up on your beloved cult classics or their Holiday sets. You still need to get your hands on this pigment set, which would be perfect for New Years Eve. A little bit of glitter, some shimmer and my all time favorite color – Blonde’s Gold!
- It’s never too early to start planning your New Years Resolutions, especially if it involves your skin. Next year I made a vow to take better care of my skin at all times, step outside the box with a new and unique beauty trends once a month AND to invest in at least one product to make my skin the best it can be. Luckily dermatologists are already predicting the big hitters for the new year. Nano Encapsulated Retinol is the next big thing and can be found in philosophy’s ‘Help Me’. It’s a slow release retinol formula which helps to penetrate your skin throughout the day for long lasting effects.
- If you’re stuck in a hair rut then change it up in 2016. Freshen up your look and try something different like the side swept bob, layered fringe, or the slicked back do. I’m personally feeling the side swept bob and considering going a bit shorter on my recent hair cut. There’s no better time to experiment than the first of a new year.
- Brit and Co often has some creative posts that make me consider changing up my routine. The 4 Ways To Use Glitter post was one that made me consider how I’m using my glitter makeup and to change it up a bit. How about glitter roots? If I were daring enough, this would make for a great New Years Eve look. Why settle for glitter eyes when you can go all out and fancy up your hair? Skip the hair accessories and sprinkle on some glitter!
- Julep is having a great deal for the end of the season. 75% off on some serious products, such as the Gem Collection. 12 shades (1 for each month?) that are great to mix and match and there’s even one called Jamie. I think it’s meant to be!
- Jessica Alba is not only a serious babe but she is the co-founder of 2 seriously awesome companies – Honest and Honest Beauty. I’ve already bought in to the Honest brand for Ava and now I’m slowly being sucked into the beauty side. I picked this video not because of the products but mainly for the tutorial. A super, simple smoked out eye tutorial by celebrity makeup artist Patrick Ta, using products from the Honest Beauty line.
- Facial hair is a sensitive topic but I’m here to tell you it can easily be fought and won. Don’t be shy…we all have facial hair moments. Ladies, I struggle too but there’s a simple secret and tool you need to be aware of – Tickle Eyebrow Razor. Yeah it’s an eyebrow razor but it’s small enough to be used on stubborn facial hair areas. It helps to target the small areas (unibrow, mustache line, cheeky peach fuzz) and also sloughs off dead skin in the process. And the best part is – the hair WILL NOT grow back thicker. Get rid off that fuzz in 2016!
-Jamie of Hello There, Lady!