It’s time my friends. Time for your lives to be completely engulfed with the prettiest holiday of the year, Valentine’s Day! It’s also one of the most disliked holidays (not that I care, because my birthday is Feb 16th so it’s all good in my book). But cheer up haters, thanks to beloved Parks and Rec character Leslie Knope, played by Amy Poehler, we now have Galentine’s Day aka an excuse to celebrate our female friendships. Unofficially celebrated on February 13th (or whenever you want before February 14th) the month is completely focused on love; platonic, romantic, passionate, whatever you want. And I’m all for it.
I love the Galentine’s Day party ideas and gift guides right alongside the Valentine’s Day ideas and gift guides. I’ve put together a Galentine’s Day gift guide in the past and seriously enjoy the rise in popularity of the Girl Gang so I thought I’d put together another one, along with a GIVEAWAY! Details below. But there are so many great ideas for your femme posse and random cool things you can get your friends to show your appreciation and love. Including, but not limited to, matching BFF mugs or T-shirts! Or a fun party game to play with your board game loving friends (dude friends can participate as well). Or how about a sexy choker for your beautiful bestie #girlssupportinggirls.
1. ban.do Hot Stuff Ceramic Mug BFF Bundle
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette
3. Sway: A Game of Debate and Silver Linings Party Game
4. Goldie Velvet Choker from Moorea Seal
5. Rosé S’il Vous Plaît Art Print from Minted
6. These Are Things I Heart Cats Pin from Moorea Seal
7. Skinnydip London Molly Glitter Backpack – Pink
8. Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist
9. Herbivore Botanicals Pink Clay Exfoliating Mask
10. The Social Type Best Gal Valentine Card from Moorea Seal
11. Girl Gang by TheyAllHateUs Best Friend T-shirts
image via: HIGH HEELS SUICIDE featuring the Girl Gang Moto Jacket
Now for the GIVEAWAY!! As you probably know, I am a casual gamer. Board games, computer games, video games. I like games. So when I was asked if I wanted to review a new party game by Silver Lining Games I thought why not? Sway: A Game of Debate and Silver Linings is all about debating positively. All you have to do is argue the merits of your topic better than your opponent argues theirs in 30 seconds, while you both attempt a challenge. So for example, you get to explain why forced computer updates are like so totally awesome while talking like a Valley Girl. Sound difficult? Try scrambling to find the good in the Salem witch trials while doing yoga poses. Dan and I brought this game over to try with some friends and we were all cracking up.
It’s an easy concept, can last as long as you’d like it to, and is pretty much guaranteed to make you laugh. Players debate 1 on 1 with another player acting as the judge. There are 500 topics, 75 challenge cards, and 1 alternate case card which allows any other player to jump in and take their shot at debating the positives of locking their keys in their car while doing karate moves. I really enjoy the charades aspect but coming up with a concrete argument in 30 seconds is tough! If you’re looking for a fun, goofy game to play with friends or family, I suggest you try Sway. And if you purchase a copy by 2/28/17 they will donate $1 to the B+ Foundation. But! I have another copy ready to shimmy on over to a fellow game lover. Who’s it gonna be? Enter the giveaway below.
The GIVEAWAY details: I, Julia Amodt of Style and Cheek, am giving away (1) Sway: A Game of Debate and Silver Linings Party Game.
1. To enter, select one or all of the options on the widget below. If you select Leave a Comment, make sure you actually leave a comment on this post otherwise your entry will be invalid.
2. The promotion period for this giveaway will close on Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 11:59pm PST and I will announce the winner Thursday, February 9th.
3. The giveaway is open to all readers and visitors (above the age of 13), so feel free to share this post with your friends!
Once the winner is determined I will contact them through email. The winner will then have 10 days to email me, Julia Amodt at firstname.lastname@example.org with their mailing address so I can send them their prize. If the winner does not contact me within the allotted time, a new winner will be drawn at random.